Its a new year, 2017, a fresh start, a chance and a very good reason to make changes in all areas of our lives.
Below I have set out just few tips and suggestions in areas we mostly help people with in the past:
Anxiety (Fear, Phobias, Stress etc.)
Anxiety is generally based on learnt behaviours, typically as a result of a previous event that has had a significant impact on you in some way.
The good news is many of these can be overcome so much so that they could become a thing of the past and no longer hold any power over you.
- By learning to control your breathing in the right way you can help combat anxiety, panic, fear and other debilitating events.
- Talking to someone friendly, who will simply listen and understand without judgement can offer a powerful release.
- Making love is naturally a wonderful experience, the chemicals released in your brain are all the right ones to make you feel good about yourself.
- Exercising regularly and to a level that pushes the body even just a small amount results in the release of those feel good chemicals and obviously is good for your health in general.
- Getting enough sleep can change your whole perspective on life, if you struggle to sleep there are many ways to help you to achieve deep and restful sleep, just ask for help.
- Writing down your worries, your thoughts and ideas can clear them out of your mind, knowing they are safely recorded can allow your mind to relax and let go of any unwanted, stress or negative thoughts and emotions.
Losing weight is probably one of the most “popular” new year’s resolutions that people make; the diet industry is massive and worth literally millions of £££s, but unless you resolve to change a few fundamental things with yourself losing weight using any diet will probably be a temporary event, ultimately resulting in failure.
Any changes that you want to make must always come from within.
Once the internal changes are in place then you can deploy the myriad of tools and methods available to effect that change, however the reality is, change can be as simply as you want to make it, as painless as you like, emotionally liberating if you choose and if important to you relatively inexpensive.
we say “work to change your relationship with food…”
Some golden rules for weight loss which are integral to our weight loss (or gain) strategy are:
- You always eat a healthy breakfast within 1 hour of waking up to positively start your metabolism…
- Always eat THREE healthy meals every day, breakfast being the most important.
- Listen to your body – hydrate regularly; feed your body with healthy foods only; stop eating when your body tells you it is full.
- Chew your food 15 to 20+ times; Eat slowly and deliberately enjoying and savouring the wonderful flavours.
- Exercise for 30 minutes every day – raise your heart rate and work your muscle so they can burn the unwanted fat.
Smoking is regarded as socially unacceptable, more people now are non-smokers that smoke, it makes you smell very unpleasantly, it affects your body in numerous nasty ways and simply put it is very likely to be the root cause or contributory factor to an earlier death…
The good news is; quit now and your body could very well make a full recovery from the effects of smoking.
If you are serious about stopping to smoke and becoming a non-smoker consider these:
- A part from yourself, who would be affected by your early death?
- Smoking is just a habit; it is not addiction – we form new habits and break old habits every day, its what we do.
- Make a list of all the benefits you gain from smoking?
- now make another list of all the benefit of NOT smoking, (consider your health, loved ones, lifestyle etc)?
- On a scale of 1 to 10 just how serious are you about becoming a non-smoker?
We hope these tips and suggestions help in some way to set you on the path towards a brighter, healthier and happier 2017.
Useful links for further reading:
- Experience life beyond your conscious mind with hypnosis.
- find some perspective on life.
- Need/want someone to talk to – contact us or call 01202 830247
Make the changes in 2017 with Wellbeing Practice – Free initial consultation – Confidentiality assured.